Sunday, February 11, 2007

Obama 2008

Yay, Barack kicked butt on his announcement...

Obama 2008

Lordy, I hope he's careful. He's definitely got the right stuff. Hillary Clinton looks like more of the same compared to Obama -- and he's way more charismatic than she is.

I hope: 1) nobody tries to shoot him; 2) that he doesn't take any VP slot offered to him by the Clinton crew -- that would finish him.

This is his moment. He needs to go for it. I think he's smart enough, charismatic enough, and visionary enough to do it.

I saw Obama speak when he was just a state senator, like around 1999; he'd come to the place where I worked and spoke at a meeting; there might've been fifty people in the room, but he owned the room, and after seeing him speak (it was on universal health care) I thought "Wow, he's going to be President someday." It was so palpable, I distinctly remember it. Man, I wish I'd left my job and gone to work for him back then! But I didn't think he'd try for a presidential run so soon.

But more power to him. He's got my vote. Sorry, Hillary -- many of the votes you cast in the Senate alienated me, and you appear to me to be more of the same, and DC needs serious change, and it feels like Obama could bring that change.

No comments: